COVID-19 Update: Dear Applicants and Potential Participants,
Our crews and individual placements have always been the foundation and driving force of this organization. The safety of our participants has always been our utmost priority. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 situation, we have activated an Incident Response Team and are working around the clock to monitor and manage the effects of the outbreak. Conservation Legacy and its programs are strictly following guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and local public health agencies.
Mitigation and Minimizing Risk
We have implemented a variety of policies and protocols to reduce the risk to our participants and staff:
- Field crew programming has been postponed through May 1st, 2020. Individual Placement programming is running on a case-by-case basis, taking into consideration the placement’s ability to social distance and work remotely.
- Hygiene: All current participants and staff are following hygiene and safety protocols provided by the CDC, WHO and other public health agencies. Offices and sites are being sanitized and cleaned as often as appropriate.
- Remote Work Possibilities: Staff and eligible individual placements will be working remotely if possible. Social distancing is required of everyone, to the highest degree they are able to do so.
- Evaluating Travel and Large Events: All non-essential travel and group events have been cancelled or postponed.
- Self-Disclosure: Individuals joining the program or currently participating in the program will be requested to self-disclose any contact with individuals who are currently ill or may have been exposed to the illness. Participation or engagement in programming and/or activities may be delayed for individuals who have had recent contact. The well-being and privacy of such members is our number one priority.
At this time, our programming start dates after May 1st remain unaffected. While this may change, we encourage all interested applicants to apply for any open positions, and we thank you for your flexibility. We have always been a resilient organization and are dedicated to continuing to serve our communities and the environment into the future.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your program or recruitment staff.
We urge everyone to follow CDC and WHO protocols to limit the spread of the virus. We hope that you and your families are well.
Conservation Legacy and Program Staff
Please see the table below for open positions with Conservation Corps New Mexico. Click the 'Apply Here' link for more information and instructions to apply. For more information about programs, please see individual program pages. If there are no open positions for a particular program or position, please check back soon!
|Seeds of Success • Crew Member||Work in collaboration with the BLM collecting seed for priority populations across the state of New Mexico.||Carlsbad, NM||May/Jun – Oct/Nov 2020||Apply Here|
|Seeds of Success • Crew Member||Work in collaboration with the BLM to collecting seed for priority populations across the state of New Mexico.||Santa Fe, NM||Jun 1 - Nov 27, 2020||Apply Here|
|Rare Plants • Crew Member||Work in partnership with the BLM in Santa Fe, NM to monitor Rare Plant plots and establish long term monitoring plots for imperiled plant species across the state of New Mexico.||Santa Fe, NM||May - Sep or Oct 2020||Apply Here|
|Veterans Fire Corps • Crew Member||The VFC crews are comprised of recent era military veterans training for careers in conservation, fuels management, and wildland fire-fighting.||Las Cruces, NM||Beginning Summer 2020||Apply Here|
|Resource Management Crew • Crew Member||Join a Las Cruces-based camping crew working on resource management projects in the Lincoln National Forest.||Las Cruces, NM||Beginning Summer 2020||Apply Here|
|Las Cruces Rolling Vacancy • Crew Member||Be considered for ongoing openings.||Las Cruces, NM||Rolling||Apply Here|
Michelle Norris, Program Manager
email@example.com or 575.640.8540
WHO WE SERVE
Conservation Corps New Mexico emphasizes the recruitment and engagement of diverse teams and individuals who learn from each other and their projects in a supportive environment. In selecting participants, Conservation Corps New Mexico encourages all types of diversity including, but not limited to; race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, social-economic, and disability.
Conservation Corps New Mexico also emphasizes the engagement of local individuals who represent the communities in which they serve. Conservation Corps New Mexico intentionally searches for funding sources and program options to support the goal of offering experiences to a wide range of participants.